Holden Forests & Gardens offers its members, donors and friends an opportunity to honor and remember friends and loved ones through the Tribute and Memorial Program. These gifts also support the mission of Holden Forests & Gardens to advance and inspire a deeper understanding of plants to enhance life.
A gift to the Tribute and Memorial Program is a meaningful way to remember all occasions including birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduations, b’nai mitzvah, the birth of a child or grandchild, or as an expression of sympathy and remembrance. Notification of gifts will be sent to all honorees or a designated family member as long as contact information is provided. Individual gift amounts will remain confidential.
There are several ways to help you celebrate or honor someone special:
Donations in any amount are a wonderful way to celebrate a significant milestone or remember a family member or friend.
Dedicate a Daffodil Bulb ($50)
Honor a loved one by sponsoring a daffodil bulb. Every spring the campus comes alive with the delightful glow of daffodils. Your gift will be used for the planting and maintenance of one of these bulbs.
Dedicate a Planter ($500 and above)
Dedicating a planter is a unique way to pay tribute to a special person or occasion. Your inscription will bring to life memories and celebrations that add a lovely sentiment to the fabric of our gardens.
- Work with staff to choose an existing planter and wording for your personalized plaque.
- Dedications are maintained for a period of 5 years.
Dedicate a Tree
A tree dedication serves as a living memorial to a beloved friend or family member. All trees are chosen in consultation with the Horticultural Staff to ensure Holden Forests & Garden’s mission. You may choose between the following options:
- $1,500 – A young tree, 1-3 years old
- $3,000 – An established tree, 4-6 years old
- $7,500 – A mature tree, 7 years or older
- $25,000 and higher – Signature trees, named gardens and garden beds.
All tree dedications include a personalized plaque.
Dedicate a Bench ($7,500)
A bench dedication provides a serene place to enjoy time with family and friends or to rest and reflect while enjoying the grounds.
- Choose from a list of pre-determined locations.
- Dedications are maintained for the life of the bench. Teak benches last approximately 15 years