2013 Plant Sale
Member Preview, Friday, May 3; noon to 6pm
Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5, 10am to 4pm
||Warren H. Corning Visitor Center
||Members free, nonmembers $3 discounted admission includes access to Plant Sale
Talk to the experts and tour the gardens to discover ways to enhance your home landscape.
More than 40 vendors featuring woody plants, perennials, annuals, herbs, container plants, garden accessories and wood crafts, plus Holden nursery propagated wildflower varieties and homemade jellies and jams.
Rain or shine event - dress appropriately.
New This Year
- A selection of Holden-related rhododendrons from the David Leach Research Station (Madison), as well as select azaleas.
- Ohio native wildflowers, cultivated by Holden’s staff and volunteers
- The 2013 Perennial Plant of the Year selected by the Perennial Plant Association): Polygonatum odoratum ‘Variegatum’, 18”-24” tall with variegated oval shaped leaves, light green with white tips and margins, which turn an attractive yellow in the fall; pairs of small, bell-shaped white flowers with green tips are present in late spring and are sweetly fragrant.
- The 2013 Native Plant (Perennial) of the Year by The Lake Erie Allegheny Partnership for Biodiversity (LEAP)
- The 2013 Herb of the Year by the International Herb Association: Elder Sambucus spp. (Elderberry), one of the herb world’s most useful plants to protect and heal, create tasty beverages and foods, and even entertain.
Food and beverage cash concessions.
Interested in volunteering at this event? Send your application to the volunteer office now.