Your support allows The Holden Arboretum to advance its mission to advance and inspire a deeper understanding of plants to enhance life, helping us to create vibrant green communities and dvierse native forests in the Great Lakes region that will flourish and sustain life. Use the link below to explore possible giving options.
Join our distinguished Albert Fairchild Society, which honors donors who have provided for the future of The Holden Arboretum through their estate plans. When you include Holden in your estate plans, you are part of the Albert Fairchild Holden Society, entitling you to invitations to special programs and to be listed with other legacy donors in Holden’s publications with your permissions. Unless otherwise designated, planned gifts are placed in the endowment fund.
Holden’s Planned Giving Program
Here are several ways you can become a member of the Albert Fairchild Holden Society:
Wills and bequests
- A bequest is a gift made by a provision in your will. Bequests can take the form of cash, securities, personal property or real estate. Regardless of the size of your estate, a bequest of Holden is not subjected to federal or state estate taxes.
Charitable Gift Annuity
- A charitable gift annuity is a simple contract between you and The Holden Arboretum. In exchange for your gift cash, securities, or other property, Holden agrees to pay you a fixed rate annuity for your lifetime and/or the lifetime of another person.
Additional Ways to Make a Planned Gift
- Charitable remainder trust
- Charitable lead trusts
- Gifts of appreciated securities.
- Life insurance and tax-deferred retirement plans
- Gifts of real estate and conservation easements
For additional information on planned gifts, please call Alicia Soss at 440.602.3848.
The Holden Arboretum offers its members, donors and friends an opportunity to remember or acknowledge friends and loved ones through the Tribute Program. Unless otherwise designated, your tribute gift will be used for new plantings and ongoing maintenance of our beautiful gardens. All honorees receive notification of the gift.
Bench sites and trees are pre-selected by the Horticulturist to support the overall landscape plan of Holden. At the discretion of the horticulturist, a tree, shrub or bench may be moved or replaced due to natural causes or to a change in the design of the gardens.
Tribute Library Books – $100 or more
- Let our librarian select a much needed book for our library. A commemorative bookplate with your honoree’s name will be affixed inside the book.
Tribute Tree or Shrub – $1,500
- Select an existing tree for your special honoree. A commemorative plaque with your honoree’s name will be placed near or on the tree.
Tribute Bench – $5,000
- Select one of the pre-determined sites for a bench to honor your recipient. A commemorative plaque with the honorees name and a short inscription will be affixed to the bench.
You will notice as you walk around our grounds named gardens and garden beds. These tributes usually start at the $25,000 level. We welcome an opportunity to explore this kind of a tribute with you.
To speak to someone about Holden’s Tribute Programs, please contact Alicia Soss at 440.602.3848
New Leaf Campaign
You are invited to nurture the magic of Holden by pledging your support to the public phase of the New Leaf Campaign! For more information visit the New Leaf page.