Lantern Court Private Event Volunteers
A social butterfly?
Able to volunteer on evenings and weekends?
Interested in learning and sharing history?
Then become a Lantern Court Hostess or Host!
Lantern Court Private Event volunteers assist staff in providing a memorable and positive experience to guests attending private events at Lantern Court. Volunteers:
- Greet and provide assistance and direction to vendors and guests
- Answer guests questions and share their knowledge of Lantern Court and The Holden Arboretum
- Keep an eye on house furnishings, commodities, antiques and artifacts.
- Provide gentle suggestions to protect property. Examples: “Let me get you a napkin for your drink,”, “Is there something I can help you with?” (If someone is going into an off-limits area), Can I ask you to move your vehicle off the grass/bed as soon as you have a moment?”
- Have knowledge of, or interest in learning about, Lantern Court history, house and gardens, and The Holden Arboretum
- Be able and willing to enforce Lantern Court house policies and procedures, when needed
- Have good judgment and ability to display appropriate behavior, especially during formal events
- Be physically able to stand for up to 4 hrs
- Complete Holden volunteer requirements including application, interview and orientation
- Complete Lantern Court Event Training and/or refresher courses (3 hours, held in spring)
Lantern Court Private Event volunteers are asked to commit to assisting at a minimum of 3 events per season. Shifts are typically 2-4 hours and occur most often on evenings and weekends from April through October.
- Opportunity to learn about, and share with others, the history and unique treasures of the Lantern Court house and gardens
- Opportunity to volunteer at unique and memorable events
- Opportunity to be a part of a fun and hard-working team of volunteers and staff
- Holden volunteer program benefits, based on hours served), including a complimentary uniform, invitations to special events including the Annual Volunteer Recognition Program and Clambake, free classes and workshops, 10 percent discount to the Treehouse gift shop, etc.
To sign up to attend the next training, or get more information about this position, contact the volunteer office at 440.946.4400 or email email@example.com.