Forestry Glossary, common forestry, conservation and research terms
Consulting Foresters: for marking timber and administrating timber sales; also for timber cost-base appraisals. To locate a consulting forester, use the following resources:
Master Loggers: for harvesting timber; landowners should have trees marked by a forester before contacting any loggers. To locate a master logger, visit the Ohio Forestry Association.
Ohio Wood Products: portable sawmills, custom sawmills, traditional sawmills, secondary wood product manufacturers, timber price reports; landowners should have trees marked by a forester before contacting any timber buyer. Learn more.
Best Forest Management Guides, additional fact sheets for trail maintenance and stream crossings
Protect Your Forestland from Nonnative, Invasive Weeds
- Invasive Plants Field and Reference Guide, 1
- Invasive Plants Field and Reference Guide, 2
- National Parks Service: Managing Invasive Plants
- Ohio Invasive Plants Council
- Invasive and Exotic Weeds
- Appalachian Ohio Weed Control Partnership
Herbicides for Control of Non-native, Invasive Weeds
Educational Opportunities for Forest Landowners
- Ohio Forest Tax Law, Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Southeast Ohio Woods, for woodland owners and enthusiasts in Southeast Ohio
- Ohio Woodland Stewards Program, Ohio State University Extension
- Southern Ohio Forestland Association
- Southeast Ohio Woodland Interest Group
- Identifying a Tree, Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Virginia Tech Dendrology, Tree Id Keys
- What Tree Is It? Ohio Public Library Information Network
- What Tree Is That? Arbor Day Foundation
Forestry Fact Sheets
- Ohio State University Extension Forestry Fact Sheets
- Purdue University Extension Education Store Fact Sheets
Non-Native, Invasive Insects: Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moth
National Timber Tax Website, Tax Implications of Tree Planting and Forest Management:
Estate Succession Planning
- Legacy Planning for Forest Landowners
- Estate Planning for Forest Landowners: What Will Become of Your Timberland?
My Land Plan, online tool for land management planning, helping you to map your land, set an easy tools to map your land, set goals, keep a journal and connect with woodland owners and foresters.
Agroforestry and Non-Timber Forest Products