Your Cell Phone Is Your Guide
Garden Guide Smartphone Tours
Holden Forests and Garden’s mobile education tool is stocked with thought-provoking self-guided tours at each campus, each equipped with videos, audio clips, useful resources and more! Tours change seasonally so be sure to visit often to try out each tour.
Scan the QR code below or Use this link to access our Guide by Cell program with your smart phone web browser.
Listen and Learn Audio Tours
Visit the gardens and walk the trails. Explore the interesting features around the grounds and discover something new with Listen and Learn, your personal audio tour guide at the Arboretum. Simply call in with the provided number, dial the associated prompt number and press the pound (#) key.
Audio tours, as well as the many individual prompts scattered around the grounds, cover a myriad of topics from horticulture to ethnobotany. Visit the Arboretum monthly to try out a new tour. See the tour release schedule below:
- Nature for Kids – Kids and families can enjoy learning about nature found at the Arboretum. Look for these signs around the grounds in June.
- Trees Through Time – Travel through time and explore the history of trees on display throughout the Display and Helen S. Layer Rhododendron Gardens in July.
- Flutters and Flowers – The Arlene and Arthur S. Holden Butterfly Garden houses beneficial plants for the dozens of visiting pollinator species. Look for these signs around the garden in August.
- Horticulture Highlights – Horticulturists and curators share horticultural information about trees and plants of interest, planting guidelines and the garden itself. Look out for this tour in the Display Garden in September.
- Walk with Wildlife – Learn about some of the Arboretum’s resident wildlife around the grounds in October.