The Holden Arboretum’s grounds and buildings are closed to members and the general public beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020.
We kept the grounds open as long as we believed was safe, but as social distancing guidelines have become more stringent, it has become clear that the best course of action is to close the Arboretum grounds completely.
The Cleveland Botanical Garden remains closed to members and the general public.
All classes and events at both campuses are cancelled through April 2020. People who purchased tickets for classes during that time will be contacted via email regarding a refund.
The following addresses can be used if you are traveling with a GPS:
- Warren H. Corning Visitor Center or the Katharine Holden Thayer Center — 9550 Sperry Road, Kirtland, Ohio
- Ellen Corning Long and T. Dixon Long Center for Plant and Environmental Science — 9717 Mitchells Mill Road, Chardon Township, Ohio
- Lantern Court — 9203 Kirtland-Chardon Road, Kirtland, Ohio
- Working Woods Classroom Building — 9805 Sperry Road, Kirtland, Ohio
- Cooper Administration Building, Cooper Annex and the Horticulture and Facilities Building — 9500 Sperry Road, Kirtland, Ohio.
Dogs at Holden
Dogs are welcome at The Holden Arboretum. With more than 20 miles of walking and hiking trails through the gardens and natural areas, there are plenty of places to explore with your pet. Please remember to keep your canine companions on a leash while visiting. Guests should also remember that the Corning Visitor Center, the Myrtle S. Holden Wildflower Garden, the Murch Canopy Walk and the Kalberer Emergent Tower are a dog-free zone.
Mutt Mitts are available at the gatehouse entrance, the information desk at the Warren H. Corning Visitor Center and at several locations on the grounds for your convenience. Please clean up after your pet.
Food and Beverages
Visitors are also welcome to bring a picnic lunch of their own. The picnic area, near the Corning Visitor Center, features tables and a few grills for visitor use. Enjoy a picnic as well as a hike and other activities during your visit.
The Holden Arboretum is a smoke and vapor free facility, banning the use of tobacco products and e-cigarettes. Smoking will be permitted in the parking areas and in personal vehicles.